Every year, according to the Electrical Safety Foundation International, 53,000 homes are destroyed by electrical fires.
Updating your electrical panel ensures that it’s properly equipped and ready to handle today’s modern energy standards and needs, while also protecting your family and home.
Your house can easily last over a hundred years. And through the years, rooms get added, technology changes, and more of a load demand gets put onto your system. As we add more appliances in our homes, the electrical panel starts to overload the system.
Answer the following questions to see if your panel needs to be upgraded:
- Is your panel full?
- Are you adding a big appliance—new refrigerator, furnace/AC, or replacing a heat pump?
- Does your breaker trip constantly?
- Do your fuses blow constantly?
- Do your lights flicker when your air conditioner or other large appliances kick on?
- Does your computer’s UPS (uninterruptible power supply) kick in for no apparent reason?
- Do your light bulbs burn out quickly?
- Are you adding an addition to your home?
- Do you need more outlets?
- Do you use several extension cords?
- Are you adding a sauna or hot tub?
- Do you need a GFCI (ground fault circuit interruptor) installed in your kitchen or bathrooms?
- Is your homeowner’s insurance making you upgrade your electrical system?
- Do you need a 24ov circuit?
- Do you need a whole-house surge protector?
If you answered Yes to one or more of these questions, it’s time to upgrade or replace your electrical panel. Upgrading your panel helps to ensure that your electrical system is equipped to meet your energy needs and protect your family and property.
Call our “panel of experts” for help with your electrical panel.